Wednesday, March 26, 2008

And Now for Something Completely Different: meep! meep!

Okay so this is why I didn't post yesterday or today. Suffice it to say, I will be catching up probably on Sunday though. Consider this a special presentation like the Peanuts Christmas cartoon instead of your regularly scheduled programming.
So I am doing two back drops for Six Flags St. Louis for the Front Mall. This is the first. They wanted a desert scene for some of their figures that stand around 31/2 to 4 feet tall. The Back drop measures aproximately 11x6 feet. It took two days painting mainly to get the color scheme right. I'll post the color comp I made and worked from. The Backdrop measures about 11x6 feet.
The outcome looks great with the character placed in front of the peice.
Tomorrow, weather permitting, we are going to put the Backdrop in the window and place the characters. I'll post those pictures as well. Oh yeah, Ill be painting the next one tomorrow. The plan is to be finished by Saturday. Details and pictures to follow. Stay tuned!



No comments: