Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Marvel-ous Avengers Week: Avengers Assembled!

Day 5 (and then some): All apologies for the delay in posting. This piece was completed yesterday. The original size is 12x16 in Graphite. It took me about 2 to 3 hours to get it all right. Placement was the hard part. The Hulk was drawn first (Three times. I even debated going smaller with Ruffalo). Next I drew Black Widow, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, and lastly Hawkeye. I will post an Airbrush color version as soon as the green paint comes in next Tuesday.   So, I saw the movie on Friday at 10:40am. I was all set to see the 12:01 showing but could not make it. I saw the 2-D version and I loved it. The previews on tv and the internet, the promotional pieces I bought like the junior novel and the trading cards gave me a taste but the movie wowed me and won me over. I love it when you don't see all the movie in the previews. They did an awesome job with the Hulk. And I hope Ruffalo gets his own movie. At this point I am making plans to see the 3-D version, probably tomorrow. Although, I am glad I saw the 2-D version first as action is hard to see in 3-D(maybe that's just me). Personally, I hope it beats Johny and Tim's "Dark Shadows" this Friday for the #1 spot. We'll see. Avengers Assemble!! PS Stay for the credits and the very end of the credits of Marvel"s The Avengers for a real treat.

No comments: